17.5.09

Hi

So I suppose I should give an update seeing as it has been 2 weeks. Last weekend I think Dhillon and I went to watch Star Trek. I am not a Trekki but I quite enjoyed the movie. The only thing was Spok. The actor playing him is also in the TV show Heroes, his character in that is Syler who is the evil bad guy so I kept expecting Spok to turn out to be the bad guy. He didn’t though!

startrek

Work has been good. I am doing less payroll and more helping with issues and projects. With the new girl starting tomorrow I will be moved out of WA payroll permanently and officially be a part of the Payroll Resource Team.

This weekend started early for myself and Krisa. We both had booked in an annual leave day on Friday to hit a day spa. I picked her up from her mum’s work at 9.30 and we drove into Docklands for some breakfast and shopping at Harbourtown. Krisa bought a few bags worth of stuff while I was not feeling very inspired. At 12pm we drove back into the city and made our way to Sakura Lounge for an afternoon of pampering. Whilst walking we bumped into Linda and Ben who were out and about.

We started off with a half hour foot massage followed by an hour long full body shiatsu massage and finally an hour long facial. It was all awesome, my favourite was the massage. When I sat up from that I felt like I had been asleep for days. The facial was very relaxing too. When we finished at the spa we caught the tram up to DFO for some shopping. I then realised I had left my jewellery at the spa so we had to go back there to pick it up, before retuning to DFO for some shopping. This time I made a purchase, some new pants for work from Portmans.

massage-shiatsu-main

After shopping we walked back to Crown to get the car. We were trying to organise a dinner with Linda but unfortunately she couldn’t find anyone to drive her out so we had to re-schedule. Krisa and I ended up eating at LaPorchetta in Heathmont. We both had pasta and garlic bread and were full! Once we got home we fluffed up the pillows on my bed and hopped in to watch the finale of Americas Next Top Model Season 12 (yay Teyona!) and the first 5 episodes of The Hills season 1. By this time it was midnight and we were both ready to zonk out after a long relaxing day!

America's Next Top Model

Saturday morning we woke up rather early, showered and got dressed and out for the day. After breakfast at Maccas we picked up Dhillon and Gurpreet and headed out to Honda in Narre Warren (Gurpreet lives out there). I test drove the new City which was nice, we also looked at a second hand Accord Euro but it had leather seats which I really didn’t want. Dhillon thinks I’m weird cos of that, but leather is uncomfy. It gets hot in summer, cold in winter, you sweat into it or it burns you .. ergh. Anyway we decided to keep shopping and so we dropped Gurpreet home before heading back to Doncaster.

At Doncaster Honda we spotted a couple of nice cars and I finally decided on a 08 Civic vti-l. I wasn’t necessarily ready to buy on the day but this was a car too good to be true. It is less than a year old and has only gone 400 kms. The reason for this is it was originally at a Honda dealership that was burnt down. 95% of their cars were write offs so their insurance company wrote them all off. The guy who had them sold them to other dealerships and I was lucky enough to walk in there on the right day. After some bargaining and a test drive I signed on the dotted line for my very close to new car! I get to pick it up on Friday, and I will be trading Bob in so someone else can enjoy him :)

DSC_0012[1]

Saturday night Dhillon picked Krisa and me up and we went into the city for 2 birthdays. We stopped by a bar in China Town but Dhillon’s friend was running late and hadn’t arrived so we couldn’t have a birthday drink with her. We then drove to Seven and met up with Michael Boyen for his birthday celebrations. Dhillon’s friends met us there later in the evening. We had a great time, Krisa and I were both rather drunk and danced till our feet bled .. almost literally! Krisa spent the night again and I drove her home today before stopping by Kelly’s house for afternoon tea with Jenny and Erryn.

n580849399_2555224_2342051 4529_100161054399_580849399_2555206_5207503_n 4529_100162389399_580849399_2555218_4361943_n

No comments: