Dhillon's been having some car troubles so Monday and Tuesday after work we dropped off and picked up his car from Oakleigh. he had to replace the radiator slong with a few other expensive things. Yesterday we got home about 530 and as I was opening the door I hear the patter of mum kind of running to the door lol. She opened up and said 'we've been robbed!' When my sister came home the door had been forced open, but not so obviosuly as my sister actually thought mum was home and had left the door open, but they had come in the front door, ransacked my mums room, went out the back door and took the long way around the back and down the driveway. They took mum's jewellery, not much or really expensive but held much sentimental value. We're very lucky, if they had come upstairs they would have seen my old mobile, laptop and camera in plain view, along with the PC, TV, DVD player, stereo etc. The cops think it was probably little teeny boppers from the high school.
In the night took Dhillon's sister and went to Chaddy to watch Bollywood movies. It was pretty cool but longg, the movie finished at 1130 and by the time I had dropped them off and got into bed it was midnight. I was exhausted but couldn't sleep. My mind was racing and no matter how hard I tried I couldnt shake that horrible feeling that strange people had been in the house .. are they still here? Are they coming back? Stupid and paranoid I know, but still caused a lack of sleep. Hopefully tonight will be better.
Grandmother / Grandma / Lola…
-
Losing a grandparent is a strange kind of grief. Even though it had been a
while since we last spoke, my Lola was someone I still thought about often.
Life...
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment