Yesterday Dhillon and I headed to the city to celebrate our anniversary properly. We parked at Crown and stopped by Krispy Kreme before heading to AutoSalon. It was ok, same old cars, same old teeny boppers with hair that could poke your eye out. The best part was probably watching the dyno and the Skyline that hit 600kw (I dunno what that means really but it was fast and loud) .. oh and of cos meeting Jun (www.junsawa.com.au) for the first time :P
After AutoSalon we made our way to our hotel, Pacific International Suites on Little Bourke St. Took us a while to get there as I am still limping, but we made it! The room was gorgeous and HUGE, a bathroom with a corner spa bath, a massive lounge/dining room, full kitchen and bedroom with a king sized bed. We had a spa in the evening and made use of the bed ;) then headed out to dinner.
We went down Hardware Lane and ate at a small restaurant called Max Bar & Restaurant. It was a lovely little place, quiet on the inside and the food was served soon after we ordered. The had a deal on, 2 courses for $25 so we ordered baked mushrooms for entrée and Dhillon had a steak for mains while I had chicken breast stuffed with feta cheese and spinach. We then ordered some desert cos the guy sitting next to us had sticky date pudding and it looked really good, so we ordered it with extra butterscotch sauce and a coconut creme brulee. They were both really yummy and it's now officially my favourite desert restaurant. The waiter mustn't have written down the desert cos when we went to pay they only charged us the $25 each, I didn't even realise until we had left the place.
Headed back to the hotel and Sid and Jimmy and someone else who I have forgotten his name lol, cam over for a few drinks before we headed out with them. It was a bit frustrating as they were speaking Indian to each other allot so I wasn't really sure what was going on. We went out to the Long Room which was OK but my ankle was hurting from standing up so much so I was getting cranky. Dhillon and I left about 130am and went back to the hotel to sleep.
Woke up around 11 but didn't get out of bed till 12 and then we went to Automatic at Crown to have breakfast. Dhillon had eggs benedict which he loves and he now says Automatic makes the best eggs benedict, and I had the carbonara cos they really do make the best carbonara lol. Drove home and how I am resting my ankle :)
I dyed my hair during the week, Dhillon wants me to go black but I can't go that dark I'll look like a silly Emo, but I went 'intense violet' which is the darkest I'll ever go lol.
1 comment:
Congratulations on your one year! How did u hurt ur ankle?
Post a Comment