19.7.09

Snow Day!

After 3 weeks of counting down, planning and nagging, snow day had arrived. Friday Dhillon and I had dumplings for lunch, by about 2.30pm my tummy was in knots and I was trying to stay close to the loo. I soldiered on, with the help of some antacid and after finishing work at 3.30 I went to pick up Krisa. We stopped by her house as she forgot to pack her toothbrush and I was busting to pee. We headed to Rebel Sport in Ringwood to buy a beanie and Krisa hired some pants. We then scooted over to Eastland to grab some food, I managed to eat some chicken and veggies even though my tummy was still not happy. We jumped into bed at 9-ish and while Krisa fell asleep I was awake till around 12 with my tummy :(

6575_107268438003_501203003_2379678_5000917_n

Saturday morning we woke up at 4am, rubbed the sleep out of our eyes, turned on the heater and had a shower. My tummy was still feeling delicate but I had a bowl of porridge for energy. Dhillon, Raj and Manisha arrive not long after 5 and we drove off into the morning to meet up with Sid, Vishal and Monika and headed towards Mt Buller. We had a stopover at Lilydale Maccas (they have a fireplace in the restaurant, pretty cool) and another stop in Mansfield to get snow chains and petrol and arrived at the mountain just after 9.30.

6575_107268458003_501203003_2379681_6587047_n

We hired some snowboards near the car park, which unfortunately took forever and by the time we had caught the shuttle busses up the hill we were just late for the 11am class. But never mind, we played around on the flat snow for a while and popped into the nearby hotel for a loo stop before heading to the 12pm class.

6575_107268513003_501203003_2379691_2301009_n

Our teacher Jimmy (? I think it was Jimmy) taught us how to skate our board around the flats, to slide down a small hill and do a left turn. He then took us down the Bourke St run which took us about an hour and a half from top to bottom. Once I go the hang of controlling the board I did pretty good, but I couldn’t seem to get it to turn right .. and when I stacked I could not for the life of me stand up again! I face-planted once, fell hard on my ass a good 5 times and stopped myself with my arms and bum uncountable times! Trying to stand up with the death of me, I would get my bum off the ground but when I tried to stand up straight the board would slide out from under me then my ass would slide along after it! Great fun!

6575_107268538003_501203003_2379695_2058528_n

After our lesson we caught the lift up the hill again and then went back to the hotel for some food, rest and warmth. Dhillon and Raj went out again to do a couple more runs. They finished up about 4 so we caught the shuttles back to the car park and headed home. Krisa stayed over again last night. I tried to stay up with her to watch Beaches on TV but I was so exhausted I had to hit the sack.

6575_107268498003_501203003_2379688_2309263_n

Today we had brekkie at The Pancake Parlour before I drove Krisa home.

6575_107268563003_501203003_2379700_2023741_n

No comments: