Oh how I missed my bed. I'm home from house sitting as of today and man I have alot of crap in my room. I think in a couple of weekends its clean out time!
Last night was my Nan's 80th birthday dinner. We went to her favourite restaurant Glencoe in Box Hill. Dhillon came along to meet my dad's side of the family. He was nervous even though I assured him they would be nice, and i think he was pleasantly surprised that they were actually nice and didn't ask him any hard questions. I had prawn salad for entre, steak for mains and a shared platter of deserts. My little cousins got a bit bored by the end of the night and were hiding under the table and pinching everyones legs lol.
In the room there was a painting of a beheading scene (yes weird for a restaurant) it wasn't bloody and gorey or anything but it was obviously a beheading scene. My uncle was explaining it to my young cousins and he said 'This is what will happen if you don't eat your vegies.' The youngest one then said 'Ohh, so if you don't eat your vegies, you don't get any head!' to which all the adults cracked up laughing! My auntie then says to Dhillon 'Hope you ate your vegies Dhillon' LOL I think he was a little embarassed but was very funny.
Grandmother / Grandma / Lola…
-
Losing a grandparent is a strange kind of grief. Even though it had been a
while since we last spoke, my Lola was someone I still thought about often.
Life...
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment