10.3.08

Long weekend

Friday night we were gonna go to the movies but we were both sleepy so ended up getting some DVDS instead. Dropped by The Pavilion for a drink on the way and watched one movie in the evening.

Saturday morning my long lost uncle John turned up with his wife Kerry to stay with us for the weekend. We haven't seen him for 16 years and mum only heard from him recently and they decided they wanted to catch up. They were quite nice, sat outside most of the time blabbing on to mum about the old days and smoking cigarettes. Saturday afternoon Dhillon's old house mate picked us up and we went to the Motor Show after meeting up with Raj and Manisha. Walked around for about 2 hours, boys being boys, they wanted to take photos of every car and next to every car.

Sunday lunch was out with mum's side of the family, great aunts and uncles, cousins and second cousins. At this point I was feeling pretty run down from this stoopid head cold I have and wasn't in the mood for much talking, but they didn't mind really, all they did was reminisce. I stayed for a couple of hours then came home while mum and her brother stayed for another few hours. Dhillon came over to watch the other DVD we had hired then we went into the city to watch the Moomba fireworks. We weren't right under them like last year but it was still a really great show. After that Dhillon headed to Sid's house to have drinks with his dad and I headed home.

Today we went to watch Jumper at Glen Waverly and then picked up Raj and Manisha to take them to buy a new microwave and stuff for their house. By the time that was over I was feeling pretty shitful and blocked up. Still am but I don't wanna squirt decongestant until I go to sleep in about 45 minutes. Back to work tomorrow.

No comments: