1.8.10

August

The new employee to take the pressure off me at work started on Monday. Her name is Jenniffer and she is super smart, she was working with limited support from me on her second day. This meant I could take a long-awaited long weekend. I left work at midday on Thursday and haven’t been back since … I do have to go back tomorrow though!

Thursday afternoon I headed into the city to have lunch with my old boss. We caught each other up on the goss and had a good chat. I do miss having him at work, he was good to me and always on my side, kind of a father figure, if you use the term lightly. After lunch I made my way back home and after changing and feeding Ninja I went to pick up Krisa and we made our way into the city for Winterbeatz. What on Earth is Winterbeatz I hear you ask? Well, it was a concert featuring Phinesse, Fatman Scoop, Big Boi (from Outkast), T-Pain and NE-YO! It was my first concert experience and I had an awesome night. Phinesse came on first followed by Fatman Scoop who rocked the crowd with his mixes. Next up was Big Boi who rapped a bit, not as exciting as the others I don’t think. After Big Boi was T-Pain who rocked Rod Laver Arena hard and, the best for last, Ne-Yo. Oh my, his voice romanced my ears for a little over an hour. He is a sexy, sexy man. The photos I took on the night do him no justice, so here is one I prepared earlier.

NeYo 18757669_2007clivedavispre

Friday I had to go to a meeting, although it wasn’t work related so that was OK. After, me and the Oink made our way into the city to go to the Titanic Exhibition at the Melbourne Museum. It was really good, we each took the audio tour which made it all the more interesting. It took us an hour to walk through the exhibit which included actual artefacts and even a piece of the ship. We had lunch at the museum and then I dropped Oink off before heading home. Dhillon came over in the evening and we watched the footy while drinking beer and eating pizza.

Saturday we had netball, playing in the semi-final. Unfortunately we lost as we only had 6 players. Lucky for us though, we have another chance this coming Saturday to get into the Grand Final in 2 weeks. Hopefully we can get through! In the evening I feasted on Subway while watching episodes of So You Think You Can Dance USA.

Today I had a lunch date with Kelly and Erryn. We went to Dumpling King in Box Hill for some Yum Cha goodness. I was feeling a little sick this evening so had some plain rice for dinner to soak up the stomach acid gurgling down below.

No comments: