Or soon to be anyway ;) Today after gym I went to my local Hairhouse Warehouse at Eastland to meet with Gemma about getting hair extensions done. We had a good chat, had a look at some hair types, picked out some colours, she even put a couple of strands in my hair so I could see how it works. Basically it's a small bunch of hair strands, maybe 2mm wide which are bunched up together at one end. She then slides a small metal ring (which is lined on the inside so you don't damage your hair) onto your hair, then slips in the extension and crimps closed the ring with a pair of pliers about 1cm away from your scalp. The hair is held on really tightly, I gave it a good yank, it doesn't hurt and once the ring are squashed they lie flat against your head.
I'm really excited, I've never been able to grow my hair very long without it looking thin and yucky. It's gonna cost me heaps though, cos my hair strands are quite thin I need to use the European hair. If I used the Indian or Chinese hair the strands would be allot thicker than mine and behave differently and look completely obvious (I researched all this online). So for now I need to use a super-duper clarifying shampoo and conditioner on my hair and in 3 weeks I will go in for a dye to my hair to match the extension colours we picked, then on May 9 is my extension application appointment. Yay!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment