So, this afternoon my (new) manager Kelly called me into her office to have a chat with Richard (centre manager). I sat down at the table and Richard opened the conversation with "Now I have a lot of information to get through so I'm sure you'll have some questions at the end". He had a bunch of papers in front of him and I sat there wondering if I had been paying people wrong or stuffed up the incentives or something equally horrible.
Turns out my position will become redundant as of June 27 2008. Payroll will be centralised at North Sydney corporate which makes sense. To be honest I wasn't shocked, definitely surprised but deep down I knew it would come eventually.
If I leave now my redundancy package would be approximately $6000 before tax, if I work up until July I will receive an extra $3000 bonus. I have also been offered another position in the business and if I take that I will technically not become redundant, I will however still receive the $3000 bonus. The position offered pays $50k per annum, as would any other payroll position I could find.
Over the next few weeks I will need to decide if I want to take up this new position in Stellar or move on and accept the redundancy package.
Hmmmm
No comments:
Post a Comment