11.10.09

Stellar Awards Night

Friday evening I didn’t have to pick up Krisa as she is visiting lover-boy in Sydney .. first time in a few weeks! I stayed in that night, watched some Better Homes and Gardens and then some of the TV series I have been downloading lately.

Saturday morning I woke up and did my laundry like usual the played netball in the afternoon. We won for the first time this season, only cause the other team were really bad. A win is a win though :D I play defence and was in wing defence for the last half of the game. The girl I played on in the 3rd quarter had obviously never had someone defend her before as she was getting pissy that I was getting in the way of where she wanted to run. She would run out to get a pass, and I would let her, then stand in the way of where she wanted to run .. she would then run forwards, obviously bashing into me and I guess that was what was upsetting her, along with the fact they were losing. She got so angry she started body shoving me and then yelled out ‘we’re not playing body on body.’ I just gave her a look and said ‘do you think I am going to just let you get the ball and not defend you?’ .. no reply to that. She got so angry she swapped positions in the final quarter. Can’t wait to play them again!

Saturday evening was Dhillon’s work (my old work) function, Awards Night. It was help at the Medallion Club at Etihad Stadium. We arrived at 6.30 on the dot to a line of waiters holding trays of drinks. Entree was served as finger food, samosas and spring rolls. Dinner was either chicken or lamb followed by a platter of mixed desserts. There was then lots of dancing and drinking. It was a good night although I think the venue for last years was much nicer. Great to see my old work buddies too.

Today we slept in till early afternoon and then went to Brand Smart in Nunawading so Dhillon could buy some new shoes. He picked some out from Footlocker, then we dropped by Forest Hill to get some food. We went into Myer and he also found some pyjamas on sale so grabbed them up too. Tomorrow morning he is off to India for 6 weeks :( hopefully I can keep busy enough not to miss him too much, November 22 I am waiting for you!

6 comments:

theee mizzMAI said...

awwww 6 weeks. miss k will have to keep you extremely occupied and us bloggers will have to keep blogging so you have something to read!
you look so pretty clare :)
next time i want more than 3 pics you here me woman?! :p

moo said...

haha i dunno, didnt feel really comfortable photowhoring cos i dont work there anymore and yes you should blog more woman

Trang said...

You are super pretty... third pic looks like you and Dhillon have been snapped by some pap on Hollywood's red carpet.

Wished me and Mizz Mai were at your Netball game to go off at the sook... we're very good at screaming out "YOU SUCK, GO HOME!!"

She's loud, I'm high pitched!

moo said...

haha you guys will have to come next time we play them, that would piss them off even more!!

Unknown said...

Aww so pretty Clare! Mai's right, the third pic makes you it look like a red carpet pap shot!

Don't worry dudettes, 6 weeks with me will be awesome! We're gonna have to do a girls night out at some teenybopper's rnb night and then some!

AND NETBALL - dammit, spewing I wasn't there. Trang and Mai will definitely have to come down! They can be a cheer squad! Hehe.

theee mizzMAI said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LOL