Friday was my last day at Skilled. I have worked there just over 2 years and learned so much in my time there. My lunch break was spent at the hair dressers having a trim and some layers chopped into the front. In the evening I had a farewell dinner at Dumpling King with Suzanna, Cassie, Alex, Cheryl, Stacey, Serena, Bec, Christine and Andrew. We all ate and laughed heaps. After dinner I came home to Dhillon at my house. We watched TV before hitting the sack.
Saturday we played netball in the rain again, but this time we won! Dhillon went out in the evening and I bummed at home on the couch.
Sunday we were going to go out to lunch with Robyn and Marty but Marty had an upset stomach so instead I went shopping. I bought a couple of new tops from Target to wear to work. In the evening Dhillon dropped me off some chicken and black bean … yom!
Today I started my new job in the city. My train trip in was annoying, the train I had planned to catch was cancelled so I had no seat on the train I got on to. When we got to Richmond they decided to send the train directly to Flinders St rather than through the loop so everyone piled off. Then I missed the next one as it was packed full. I finally got to Parliament and to work with 1 minute to spare! I had an induction session all morning followed by a tour of the building. I had lunch with a workmate who also used to be at Skilled and spent time with my new team in the afternoon. My building is across from Parliament Station so it only took me 5 minutes to get from my desk to the platform and I was home within 45 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment