24.10.10

October

Friday after work Smootie Andrew came into the city to have dinner with me. We were going to have dumplings but all the good places were full with queues out the front! We decided on Taco Bill and even though it had a queue too, we were too hungry to walk anymore. We both had beef burritos and mango margaritas. The dessert menu was brought out for us but it was just too much! On the way home we stopped and got an icecream though. Andrew came upstairs for a while and we had a chat with Laura. After Andrew went home, Laura and I cracked open a bottle of red and had a night in watching old episodes of Friends.

Saturday afternoon Dhillon and I went to Lucy’s wedding in Maidstone. Lucy had asked us to come to the church ceremony, which is unusual for a Vietnamese wedding, but I was happy to go along. The entire ceremony was in the language but still wonderful to see. Lucy’s older sister got up and the end and gave a short speech in English which was nice, and the wedding program also had an English translation for some parts. After the ceremony we came home to eat and wait until it was time to go to the reception at Happy Receptions in Ascot Vale. The reception was fun with lots of food (of course), drinks, dancing and fun. Lucy’s sister had even organised African themed dancers to come and Lucy and her new husband Kevin were up to dance with them! It was a beautiful night and they are off to Thailand for their honeymoon today.

Today, Sunday, Dhillon and I walked around the city to do some window shopping. We were looking at IPods and I also bought some clothes. After we were tired out I drove Dhillon home and we had KFC for lunch.

No comments: