12.1.09

Proud of Myself

I just made a yummy, healthy meal for one for the first time in my new house. When I did the detox I stopped my orders of Lite N Easy and now I have decided to give healthy eating a go by myself. Hopefully I can stick to it most days meaning an occasional meal out wont be bad.

So what have I eaten today? Porridge for brekkie, an instant coffee, a tub of yoghurt, a peach, a ham and salad sandwich with cheese, a banana, 2 cups of tea and for dinner lemon and garlic fish with a potato, asparagus, broccoli, carrot and tomato. Yummo! BTW did you know you can cook a potato in the microwave? Quick and easy!

Dhillon spent the weekend with me. Friday I took a day off work to have a big sleep in and break myself off the detox. Saturday we went into Federation Square to the ACMI building (Australian Centre for the Moving Image) to look at the Setting the Scene exhibition. It had lots of original photos from many movies, some scene mock ups and an actual set from Australia. You could hire IPod's with some commentary on them so that made it heaps more interesting. After, we headed to Doncaster and watched Yes Man. It was pretty funny, Jim Carey movies are usually good, but he is getting old now, you can notice it in his face, but that’s ok cos he still makes you laugh. We had dinner at a Chinese restaurant in Knox and came home to watch some DVD’s.

Sunday we got up around 12 and had to go and help mum put out some rubbish for the hard waste collection. Most of it was stuff I had left behind when I moved out. I then had a shower and me, mum and Dhillon headed to Eastland to watch The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I really liked it, it is such a whimsical, fantasy movie and I really like those. It was romantic too and Brad Pitt is a bit of a spunk, not to mention Cate Blanchet who is STUNNING! I don’t think the other two enjoyed it as much as me but that’s ok. In the evening we just sat around for a bit watching TV.

No comments: