5.1.09

Toxic?

What better way to start a new year than with a 7 day detox diet. Contrary to what many may think I am doing my detox to give my guts a rest, not to lose weight. Last year, and really for the last 3 or so years since I went into hospital with gastro I have had flatulence, occasional runny poops and upset stomachs. I think detoxing is a great way to give my tummy and intestines a well earned snooze.

I chose to follow the lemon detox diet www.lemondetox.com.au which consists of drinking a mixture of maple and palm syrup, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and water along with lots of plain water, herbal teas and a glass of orange juice per day. I also do a salt water flush in the morning (worst part, but it’s bearable). It gives me about 600 calories per day which is half of what I am used to having, but I will not be going to the gym whilst on this detox and be getting lots of rest and fluids. The lemon drink tastes like the honey and lemon tea mum makes when you have a sore throat, with a bit of spice in it, just for fun!

I started on Saturday morning with a salt water flush. Basically you drink 1 litre of water with 2 teaspoons of sea salt dissolved in it (it kind of tastes like a weak chicken stock). This makes you feel super full for about 20 minutes and bloats your tummy out. In an hour or so you have to visit the loo a couple of times to ‘poop’ out the water. It’s not like having the runs or anything, it’s almost like you’re peeing out of your butt lol .. only way I could think of to describe it, sorry.

I have 3 Pump bottles full of the lemon drink over the day, also at least 3 bottles of plain water and the teas. You’re supposed to have a laxative tea at night too but I don’t like the idea of that and the salt water flushes everything out just fine. I have lost 1.6 kilos since Saturday but I recon that is mostly from inside my belly and guts. My tummy hasn’t been this flat for ages! I don’t feel hungry although I do miss the taste of food. It’s hard at work smelling everyone’s lunches but I just suck down my drink and try to ignore it hehe.

Friday will be my last day, Saturday will be a day of OJ and finally solid food on Sunday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have NO idea how hard I laughed when I read "It’s not like having the runs or anything, it’s almost like you’re peeing out of your butt."

What was even funnier was when everyone else laughed because they made me read that part to them!

I had IMAGES to make it worse! lol