16.6.07

s2

Reading through my old blogs I realise that I never really wrote anything about how me and my sexy boy hooked up. At the time it just didn't feel quite right to write about it yet cos it was something to keep between myself and him, and only talked about with those close to me. So let me tell the story hehe.

I remember the first day when he came in to work for his interview. I was like 'hmm his kinda cute, hope he gets the job' lol. When he first started in the team he was verry shy .. and as I'm shy too we didn't really talk much. I remember as he was learning the systems he would need to ask us questions and it always started with a very polite 'excuse me clare.' and it was all very professional. In time the layout of the workdesk changed and I was sitting next to him every day. We talked alot more and became good work friends but I never really though anything more.

As time went on I kind of had a little crush on him and added him to MSN lol but then for some reason I had a change of heart. He never knew any of this and nothing between us changed we were still good friends at work. Middle of last year I started to like him again, probably after awards night but it really was just a crush cos at the time there was no way I was going to hook up with anyone from work. I've been burned by that before, although not a relationship, a work frendship that became an outside of work frendship kicked me in the ass. In September he went to Richmond for 2 months and I actually started to miss him lol. I knew I liked him as more than a friend and there was a lot of MSN flirting going on, but I would never make a move.

He asked me to come out one night but I turned him down cos I wasn't ready at that time. He was cool with it and didn't push. November 5th he asked me to come out again and this time I said yes. He picked me up, my hair was greasy, I was stinky didn't have a shower lol. We headed to Chapel St and to an rnb club for a few drinks. I was nervous and I'm sure he was too cos we didn't talk much and just kinda stood there enjoying the music. We left after an hour or two to head somewhere else. As we were walking back to his car I held onto his arm like I do whenever I am out with my guys friends. He gave me a look out of the corner of his eye and moved his arm so he was holding my hand .. and then he looked away. We were both so shy lol. We then headed off to another club with house music. As we were walking through the club he grabbed my hand and was so concerned every time I got bumped by someone else lol. He dropped me off home then sent me a sms to say thanks for coming out.

I was happy but also I wasn't sure if I wanted to get into something with a work mate. I think we may have gone shopping after work on the following Friday and then on the Sunday we went to watch Crank at Eastland cinemas. There was a really grose part in the movie where he burns his hand and I was wincing at it .. he looked over at me and laffed and put his arm around my shoulder. After we came home we were talking on MSN and his nick name was 'confused'. I asked him why he was confused and he said it was about me. I told him not to worry, that I like him and he likes me and we should just let things come as they are. He came over that night to watch TV movies and we had our first kiss hehe. A week or so later he came over again to hang out before he headed off to the U2 concert and we .. u know .. lol.

We've had a few rough patches (but nothing major) and we've both given each other the opportunity to get out of the relationship at one point or another and neither of us wanted that. He's so not my 'type' but I can say that I'm so glad he made the effort for me. I love him so much and right now I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost him *knock on wood*

So there's our story lol when I think about it it's very sweet .. when I tell people about it they all go AWWW and I remember Rachael and Stef and Mel and Lasie all doing that same AWWW lol .. so now all you blog readers can go AWWW too hahaha

No comments: