This morning I must have slipped when doing my makeup .. cos it seems as if I have "ABUSE ME" written on my forehead.
For those who don't know, I actually work in 2 different positions at my work. There is my normal position, which is Call & Resource (CAR) where I look after schedules, breaks, manage the calls coming in and the agents on the phones. I also run the Payroll every second week. My days are usually very full with a mix of CAR & payroll work. Last month my manager taught me how to do incentives, and then went on holidays the next time they were due. I did my very best, however I made some mistakes .. It happens, no one's perfect.
I've been at CAR this week and have not been doing any payroll related work, however one particular manager took it upon herself to call me up and demand I fix her agents prombles, to which I replied it would be done by Friday as I am quite busy. She then proceeded to tell me, in this horrible tone, that her agent was upset about it and she wanted it fixed now, to which I again replied that I was snowed under and would get to it when I could. She again tried to tell me how to do my work, to which I said it would be done .. by tomorrow at the latest, and that was that. I don't like confrontation at all, however I think I handled it ok. Turned out I got the information to her today.
Well excuse me, just becasue you're a manager and you get paid a few more dollars than me, doesn't mean you can tell me how to do my job, especially when my job involves PAYING you every fortnight. I have more responsibility that I think you realise and I don't appreciate being spoken to like I am a 4 year old, especially when I am more valuable to the company than you will ever be. People should get the fuck off their high horse, sort their own issues out before acting like they own the place .. ya fucken mole .. and when someone says they are busy, it usually means they are. I'm not going to drop everything I'm doing just to satisfy you, especially when you're demanding instead of asking.
This particular person always manages to make me feel stupid, even when they are the one who is wrong. If they opened their eyes and actually worked instead of sitting at the cafe downstairs whinging about how f a t you are, then maybe you would work something out for yourself instead of palming everything off to others. Sometime I wish I had my own office so I could just lock the door and not even have to look at anyone. She ruined my whole day and I still have a headache beacause of her.
Grandmother / Grandma / Lola…
-
Losing a grandparent is a strange kind of grief. Even though it had been a
while since we last spoke, my Lola was someone I still thought about often.
Life...
6 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment